The Irish Sarcoidosis Support Network
ISARC is the Irish Sarcoidosis Support Network for sufferers, families and carers affected by sarcoidosis and was established in November, 2006.
Despite the high incidence of sarcoidosis, relatively little is known about the disease. It is with this in mind that ISARC aims to:
- Bring fellow sufferers together to support each other and their families.
- Provide and share information and experiences, acting as a forum to help those affected to understand the condition.
- Support the medical profession in the early diagnosis and treatment of those with the disease.
- Support the medical profession in research into the disease.
- Heighten awareness of the disease.
ISARC has now established branches in Tullamore, Tralee, Thurles and Dublin (with plans to open further branches in the coming future) – providing monthly meetings, quarterly newsletters and annual meetings with consultants and others specializing in this disease and related topics.
Membership is open to the public, particularly those affected by sarcoidosis, their families and friends, health professionals and anyone interested in aiding the work of the Support Network.